Pediatric dentistry, also known as pedodontics, is a specialty branch that focuses on treating young people. Pediatric dentists, also known as pedodontists, are dedicated to the field because they must complete the additional education necessary to provide primary and comprehensive care to babies, young children and adolescents.
Pediatric dentists work hard to keep the smiles of kids bright and healthy. When a dental visit is a positive experience, children may be happy to return every six months for their checkup. And for that, parents will be grateful.
Dr. Yogesh Wayal with the young one.
Need of Pediatric Dentistry
Children have different concerns than adults while visiting a dentist. Setting up your child’s first dental appointment can be really confusing as for whether take them to your regular practitioner or a special pediatric dentist. Although it’s always your call to make, setting your child’s dental appointment with a certified pediatric dentist just might be an ideal choice for your kids.
What Types of Treatments Do Pediatric Dentists Provide?
Pediatric dentists provide comprehensive oral health care that includes the following:
- Infant oral health exams, which include risk assessment for caries in mother and child
- Preventive dental care including cleaning and fluoride treatments, as well as nutrition and diet recommendations
- Habit counseling (for example, pacifier use and thumb sucking)
- Early assessment and treatment for straightening teeth and correcting an improper bite (orthodontics)
- Repair of tooth cavities or defects
- Diagnosis of oral conditions associated with diseases such as diabetes, congenital heart defect, asthma, hay fever, and attention deficit/ hyperactivity disorder
- Management of gum diseases and conditions including ulcers, short frenulae, mucoceles, and pediatric periodontal disease
- Care for dental injuries (for example, fractured, displaced, or knocked-out teeth)
Pediatric Dentists — The Best Care For Children
Children are not just small adults. They are not always able to be patient and cooperative during a dental exam. Pediatric dentists know how to examine and treat children in ways that make them comfortable. In addition, pediatric dentists use specially designed equipment in offices that are arranged and decorated with children in mind.
A pediatric dentist offers a wide range of treatment options, as well as expertise and training to care for your child’s teeth, gums, and mouth. When your pediatrician suggests that your child receive a dental exam, you can be assured that a pediatric dentist will provide the best possible care.
Need more advice ?
Contact us by email on email@example.com or call 9011079677 / 8263962023.